Skip to content Daily The Hindu Vocabulary important for competitive examination – 21.02.2019
Daily The Hindu Vocabulary
The Hindu Vocabulary
1. Fend- look after and provide for oneself, without any help from others.
2. Gerontology- study of the aging processes and individual as they grow from middle age.
3. Paradigm- typical example, pattern or model of something.
4. Sprang- to jump, leap or move swiftly, she sprang into the boat
5. ridges- a long narrow piece of ground, raised above the level of the ground.
6. Saddle- a seat with a raised ridge at the front, a seat on a bicycle or motorcycle.
7. scolded- angrily criticize or tell off.
8. scorched- burn something on the surface, dried out.
9. shoals- in group, fishes swimming in shoals
10. lest- to avoid the risk of, with the intention of preventing
11. glimmering- shining light
12. undulating- move with a smooth wave like motion, wavy form
13. septic- infected with bacteria
14. acme- the highest point of achievement or excellence
15. cozy- make someone feel complacent/comfortable
16. hindrance- a thing that provides resistance delay or obstruction, stymie, impediment
17. raucous- sounding loud and harsh
18. pitiable- deserving contempt