Skip to content Daily The Hindu Vocabulary important for competitive examination – 26.02.2019
Daily The Hindu Vocabulary important for competitive examination
The Hindu Vocabulary
1. Imitate- follow, copy as a model, copy the way that a person speaks or behave in order to amuse.
2. Intricate- very complicated or detailed
3. Pompous- too grand in manner or speech.
4. Bombastic- grandiloquent, pompous, turgid
5. Customary- agreeing with, established by common usage, conventional, habitual
6. Slain- to put to death with a weapon, or by violence, to destroy, to kill, murder
7. remorse- anguish, grief, compassion, extreme pain
8. Blemish- to injure or impair as anything which is well formed
9. Knave- villain, cheat, rascal, rogue, scoundrel, miscreant
10. Hideous- frightful, shocking, grim, horrid, “Sure, you have some hideous matter to deliver.”
11. pamper- to live luxuriously, to feed to the full, to glut.